DSC_0002-1
DSC_0002-2
DSC_0002-6
DSC_0002-7
esterno
esterno2
lavilla
Villa2
P10505496


VILLA ROSMARINO’S HERITAGE

 

Built in 1907 over a pre-existing structure, Villa Rosmarino is a typical ligurian small palace with green shutters and trompe l’oeil which reproduce on the wall frescos, decorations and floral motifs.
To its first owner, a local sea captain who commissioned the building at the end of XIX century, Villa Rosmarino was their country home where to take rests in between long seafaring journeys, but also where the olives coming from the trees and land surrounding the villa were crushed.
In the ground floor was an old oil mill to produce olive oil for the needs of the resident family but also for those residing in the neighbouring villas. The grind stones of the oil mill have been kept after the restructuring and are part of the decoration of the garden of the villa.